If you are interested in contributing a handwritten letter to be published in The Animator Letters Project Book by Disney Editions, then you have come to the right place. Below are some simple prompts and tips to help you write your letter.
DEADLINE: March 1, 2017
- How did you get your break into the industry?
- What has been the most rewarding project you have worked on?
- What did you take away from that experience?
- Have you gone through any hardships: emotionally, financially, or mentally, while becoming an animator?
- How did you overcome it?
- Was becoming an animator a struggle for you?
- What gave you strength to keep pushing on and to not give up on your dreams?
- What is the biggest piece of advice you can give aspiring animators?
- Please hand write your letter. We live in the world of digital messages: texts, emails, blogs- and have nearly lost the art of the handwritten letter.
- Write from you heart and tell the story you feel led to tell. Their isn’t a right or wrong way to write your letter.
- Length: Average letter length is 3 pages, but it can be as short or long as you like.
- Email a scanned, hi-res copy of your letter to Willie Downs at email@example.com.
Thank you, more than can be expressed in words, for taking the time to participate in The Animator Letters Project! This book is only possible because of the willingness of those like you to write a letter.